Geared for the Driven
ValvolineTM has a rewarding opportunity as a State Inspector Sr. Technician-Heavy Duty. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
What you’ll do
The State Inspector Sr. Technician – Heavy Duty must be certified appropriately through Valvoline. In addition, they must be annual vehicle inspector certified and brake inspector certified. While key responsibilities do include physically working on the automobile and working with customers directly, this is a lead role within the Service Center. In addition to helping train new employees, this individual will also have responsibility for opening and closing a Service Center on his/her own.
- Perform all levels of Preventative Maintenance services on Class 5-8 vehicles. Perform top-side and bottom-side services. Perform additional services, such as a cooling system flush, entire fuel system cleaning, differential/manual transmission drain and fill, automatic transmission service, diesel fuel filters, serpentine belts, Light bulb/wiper replacement, replacing filters by adhering to Valvoline procedures.
- Perform annual vehicle inspections and brake inspections, ensure compliance with DOT standards and properly document work completed.
- Greet customers and communicate with them vehicle service recommendations. Handle any customer questions or concerns. Ensure customers are addressed politely, positively and professionally at all times, including when leaving Valvoline.
- Complete the customer's service by providing the customer with a copy of the invoice, reviewing this with the customer, as well as completing the financial transaction. Responsible for ensuring the customer experience is Vclass. Communicate with the customer to ensure service was satisfactory, and if not, what could be done differently. Complete the customer transaction and enter all applicable vehicle and service data into the POS system in a timely manner.
- Advise employees on Valvoline policies and procedures in the absence of the HD Service Center Manager or Assistant Manager. Advises the HD SCM or AM of any violations of these policies. Assist in the training of Technicians.
- Open the service center, which includes: turning on the appropriate equipment; checking cash supply; starting the computer; ensuring the facility is clean and begin the service center operations. Close the service center by reconciling cash; making the night deposit; cleaning the store; turning off the appropriate equipment; performing all "end of day" procedures and activating the alarm system
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures at all times. Perform second-party checks for top-side and bottom side by adhering to Valvoline procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
High School Diploma or GED preferred, or working towards a GED or High School Diploma
- FMCSA Certified
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified
- Brake Inspector Certified
1-2 years of mechanical expeirence, experience performing DOT inspections preferred
Knowledge/Skills and Competencies:
- Use of various automotive mechanical tools and POS computer system
- Possess a positive attitude, be a team player and enjoy working on automotive vehicles.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and ensure our customers have a great experience
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have full body mobility and be able to twist; turn; bend at the waist; squat; grip/grasp; push/pull; reach above head; go up and down stairs
- Must be able to grip with 35-40 pounds of force
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work near moving equipment, and in an area with limited access
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- On-the-job training
- Competitve pay
- Paid weekly
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and steel-toed shoes
- We promote from within– a commitment we are passionate about
- No late evenings
- Tuition assistance*
- Paid time off and holidays*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on location
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.